Symantec Antivirus is the easy and secure way to protect your system from hackers and viruses. If you install this antivirus software program on your machine, then it automatically add its plugin to various other programs. In Microsoft Outlook this Symantec Antivirus Plugin automatically scans the incoming email messages for viruses and removes them if any. But some users complain that they are facing some issues with this antivirus Plugin and the time taken for scanning is much higher. In order to resolve these issues within the Microsoft Outlook you have to disable or remove this Symantec Antivirus Plugin, instructions for doing the same is mentioned below.
Outlook help Instructions
For Microsoft Outlook 2003
• Launch the Microsoft Outlook 2003 program.
• Tag along the tools tab on the top menu bar and from the drop-down list thus appeared, select the options tab.
• Now hit the other option and after that choose the general option. Now you need to select the advance option from the pull down list thus appeared to launch the advanced options window.
• Now trigger the Add-In manager option situated in the lower part of the window.
• Uncheck the box with title Semantic Antivirus or LDVP followed by hitting the OK button.
• For returning back to the Outlook Home window, you need to press the OK button twice more.
For Microsoft Outlook 2007 and 2010
• First launch the Microsoft Outlook program
• Navigate to the file menu on the upper programming menu bar and then select the options tab in the pull-down file menu for Outlook 2010 version.
• For Microsoft Outlook 2007, you need to select the tools menu on the top menu bar and from the pull-down tools menu, select the trust center option.
• Now trigger the Add-ins option which you can see on the left pane of the advanced options window.
• Now hit the pull-down option situated near to manage followed by clicking the GO button.
• Here also you need to uncheck the box labeled Symantec Antivirus or LDVP. When done, click the OK button.
• After completing the entire step, click the OK button again to return to the Microsoft Outlook home window.
That’s all with the Outlook help instructions for removing the Symantec Antivirus Plugin in Microsoft Outlook. Thank you!