There are many business enterprises that use Time Warner’s Road Runner as their Internet service provider. Such people can make their email experience more beautiful by taking advantage of Microsoft Outlook, which is a popular email client provided by Microsoft.
When you configure Road Runner Webmail to Outlook, you are combining two services into one package. You can access your Road Runner email and at the same time, use the Microsoft Outlook features, such as its built-in calendar, task and notes manager etc. In order to setup Road Runner webmail on Outlook, you don’t have to contact Time Warner or make any changes to your internet account. Simply follow the below mentioned Outlook Setting instructions to add Road Runner webmail to Microsoft Outlook.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
- Go to the File menu at the top of the Microsoft Outlook menu bar and click the File button. Now click the option Add Account in the right pane.
- Next thing you need to do is to click the option Manually Configure Server Settings or Additional Server Types since Road Runner needs manual configuration.
- Now you need to select Internet E-mail as the account type. You need to provide your full name and the Road Runner email address in the first two boxes.
- Locate the Account Type drop-down menu and click on it. Select POP3. Type pop-server.domain.rr.com as the incoming mail server and smtp-server.domain.rr.com as the outgoing server, replacing Domain with the state abbreviation shown in your email address.
- Type your Road Runner username and password in the following fields. Click the Remember Password check box to save your password.
- Click Next to verify whether the Road Runner's settings are configured properly.
- Finally click the Close and Finish buttons respectively to finish adding Road Runner to Microsoft Outlook.
Outlook will automatically download Road Runner messages after the account configuration process is complete. To make your email experience more secure, you need to take care of certain things. If you are sharing your computer with other users, make sure that you do not save your password during the account setup process; otherwise there is a possibility of other people accessing your account.
If you have further doubts on Outlook Setting and adding the Road Runner account, you may contact the Microsoft Support Center to get more assistance.