Majority of the people have the requirement of sending and receiving mails. Well this job can be done in the easiest of ways with the Outlook Express. You can add all your contacts and send mails to the designated users. There are no complications in working with the Outlook Express or confusions in making use of the different functions in it. Well some people may not clearly know how to open links in Outlook Express. By following the below provided steps, working with links will seem no more to be a problem.
- At the extreme left of the taskbar, the Start button can be seen. Click it and the Start menu will pop up. From it, choose All Programs and then choose Microsoft Office. Now select Outlook Express.
- Search and locate the mail that you have received that contains the link inside it and open the mail.
- Now you will be able to see the link inside the mail, it can be easily identified, as it will be blue in color. The link will generally start with http://.
- Now you have to double click on the link. This will open the Internet Explorer and the website corresponding to the link will be opened.
- Make sure that the default web browser for your Outlook Express is Internet Explorer. Most of the time, the links will not open, as Internet Explorer may not be your default web browser. In order to check whether Internet Explorer is your default web browser, follow the steps given below.
- Exit from Outlook Express and access Internet Explorer. From the different menus that you can see, choose the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
- Below the Internet Options section, the tab by the name Programs will be present.
- The Default Browser option will be present and the check box corresponding to Internet Explorer has to be check marked.
- Now Internet Explorer will be your default web browser.
- Now access Outlook Express and click on the link and you can see that it will open without any issues.